Suretemp Manufacturing - Great with Sales, Terrible with Support

Daytona Beach, Florida 2 comments

We purchased Solar PV and Hot Water from Sure Temp in March 2010 for $36,500. Installation went smoothly, system up and running in a few weeks (of course, we hadn't paid them in full yet).

Since then, two prior service calls (one for PV and one for HW) were handled quickly and professionally.

Now, we have had no hot water for over a week and they continue to tell us that no one is available to come out and service our system.

And the salesperson we bought the system from doesn't work for Sure Temp anymore....

We strongly suggest you purchase your Solar System elsewhere.

Review about: Solar Pv And Hw.

Comments

Tried to reach Suretemp for service today. All there phones are disconnected.

Any one know who service their pool pumps.

Do not buy your solar system from this company.After the first year if something goes wrong its up to you to get it fixed.

No help from suretemp.

They will not help you.Period

Suretemp Manufacturing - Run Far and Fast

Reston, Virginia 14 comments

This company is not to be believed. If you want to know when they are lying just look to see if their lips are moving.

After checking out this company credentials I found that not only are they misleading in their advertising, 25 years in business is nothing more than a LIE, but they have so many bad reviews and BBB reports that I almost canceled my " in home " free consultation. After about 3 minutes I wish I had.

The rep didn't even want rto look around just wanted to know if I was ready to sign a contract. Typical Florida sales *** !.

I asked him to atleast review my property so I feel comfortable with his pricing. He told me he was not able to because he " didn't know what to look for. He went on to say that any changes to the price would be done in writing the day of arrival. When I told him I did not like any surprises his response was that " that almost never happens "

At this point I had decided this company was laying the groundwork to RIP ME OFF so I took the written price and asked him to leave. Funny that a week later I was called by the company and they told me the salesman was no longer in their employ. Not very comforting.

I went on to rresearch other products and no matter who I spoke to

( 6 different companies ) they all said this company was making the least quality equipment and there was no customer service after the sale.

I also received a call back from the original rep saying he left because this company did poor work, their product is of very low quality and the finance agreement was not what was offered. he went on to say that in his 6 months with the company they never ever finished a job on time and often had last minute substitutions of product, no name was substituted for brand name.

If you are even considering this company think again !

Review about: Suretemp.

Comments

I have been making payments to the STM Solar Lease but now that I have issues w/ the system I can't get in touch w/ anyone.It never has performed as they said it would NEVER!

I guess my recourse it to tell STM Solar to come remove their (well Suretemps) system. I am not paying any more on this system that is NOT even serviced by the installer which I believe is one in the same anyway. Oh yea and I never got my deposit back either.

Has anyone had them come and remove the system?I just want it gone, nothin but trouble.

to Surfer Fort Myers, Florida, United States #592884

I have a lease agreement with STM Solar LLC for a whole house solar system.I have made monthly payments for the lease since the installation of this system.

My last payment (check) has not been cashed. Have you had any problems with payments, or don't you make payments?

The last check was mailed out on 12/17/12.Any input?

to flappole #685005

THEY DIDN'T CASH MY CHECKS EITHER FOR SEVERAL MONTHS...BUT STARTED CASHING THEM AGAIN, THIS BUSINESS IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT THAT IS ACTUALLY RUN OUT OF A RESIDENCE BY THE OWNER OF SURETEMP MANFACTURING BUT NOW HE STATES HE HAS "NO AFFILIATION" WITH THAT COMPANY.LIES LIES LIES.

I HAVE CONTINUED TO PAY THE LEASE SO FAR BUT AM NOW LOOKING INTO A LAWSUIT AGAINST STM FOR FRAUD. VERY POOR SYSTEM.

DOES NOT WORK AS STATED IN HIS SALES PAPERWORK WHICH I STILL HAVE.SO WE WILL SEE.

DOUG GRIFFIN new company name SOLARONE beware

Same problem here.No Customer Services phone number.

Still receive payment request from different company, STM Solar LLC. The owner of STM Solar LLC said he is not affiliated with Suretemp, but a leasing company.

I also found out that Suretemp Manufacturing license is expired.Is there a way to find out if they are eligible to continue business?

We are very sorry to hear of these problems with SureTemp Solar Energy Systems. Feel free to call us at Fafco Solar - we can help! (239) 574-1500

My main thermostat went bad for the third year in a row. Does anyone know where to purchase parts for these piece of junks.

Model # SPS8A1B

I still receive a request for monthly payment from someone saying represent Suretemp. I contacted BBB in Ft. Myers and reported the problem, but they are not aware of anything about Suretemp.

Same problem here, they have dissapeared from the face of the earth and this isn't the first time. Griffin will pop up again with another new company. Beware Beware :cry

I went by their office two weeks ago and they are definitely no longer there. The

realtor said they left the property permanently. I happened to have someones

personal email that was an employee and the person said they had moved and were having difficulty with the new phones....

No action at all to address our system issues we also had units installed within the last 6 months.

I have not been able to get a hold of Suretemp for almost a month now.I went by their showroom and there was a for sale sign up.

Im guessing they are no longer in business. If anyone ones their status please post.

Thank you.Good luck to all the customers they left behind.

Is Suretemp still in business?I called for service 3 weeks ago for my pool heater.

I have not heard from them since.I have tried calling them for several days and the phone goes unanswered.

Esquimalt, British Columbia, Canada #244499

The company did the work on time.The next day I noticed that they had broken my rain sensor exactly where they had there ladder I called the company the next day and they said to get a price on fixing it I called them back and said It would cost 99 dollars.

They called me back and said they would not pay for it.

My neighbor is planning on installing a complete solar system.I told him not to buy from suretemp.

Esquimalt, British Columbia, Canada #244498

They called me back and said they would not pay for it.

View more comments